Thursday, June 18, 2009

New stuff

My last BPAL order came today. I am celebrating. :-)








Vigilant day-glo guardians of lawn and patio, stalwart protectors of the home.
Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.


For the first few minutes after application, this smelled A LOT like Pink Plastic. I was being smothered by it. After about 5 minutes, the plastic settled down and it smelled of nothing but the pink marshmallow. It reminds me alot of my CocoaPink Pink Sugar Marshmallow Shine Sweetie.









The Smoke-Veiled Moon of July brought a poem of Baudelaire’s to my mind:

Ce soir, la lune rêve avec plus de paresse;
Ainsi qu'une beauté, sur
de nombreux coussins,
Qui d'une main distraite et légère caresse
Avant
de s'endormir le contour de ses seins,

Sur le dos satiné des molles
avalanches,
Mourante, elle se livre aux longues pâmoisons,
Et promène
ses yeux sur les visions blanches
Qui montent dans l'azur comme des
floraisons.

Quand parfois sur ce globe, en sa langueur oisive,
Elle
laisse filer une larme furtive,
Un poète pieux, ennemi du sommeil,

Dans le creux de sa main prend cette larme pâle,
Aux reflets irisés
comme un fragment d'opale,
Et la met dans son coeur loin des yeux du soleil.

---------------------------------------

Tonight the moon dreams
with more indolence,
Like a lovely woman on a bed of cushions
Who
fondles with a light and listless hand
The contour of her breasts before
falling sleep;

On the satiny back of the billowing clouds,
Languishing, she lets herself fall into long swoons
And casts her eyes
over the white phantoms
That rise in the azure like blossoming flowers.

When, in her lazy listlessness,
She sometimes sheds a furtive tear
upon this globe,
A pious poet, enemy of sleep,
In the hollow of his hand
catches this pale tear,
With the iridescent reflections of opal,
And
hides it in his heart afar from the sun's eyes.
(English translation by
William Aggeler, 1954)

Soft sandalwood, nicotiana, and velvety orris
drifting over lustrous pale
musks, stephanotis, elemi, and cyclamen.

I haven't tried this one yet but it smells wonderful on the bottle. I was scared about this due to the name. It doesn't smell like smoke, but brings smoke to my mind. Maybe standing by the fire on a warm summer night with someone special, looking at the sky while enjoying the stolen time alone.








I will wait until tomorrow to sniff this. I only hope it smells as great on me as it did on Wendy.


I got 6 frimps in my order too. They are: Centzon Totochtin, The Sea Foams Milk, Sloth, Delirium, Epitaph, and Elegba. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab ROCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment