Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Emotional

Okay, I am emotional tonight. I started talking about some old friends and why we grew apart. Circumstances of life come along and send you in different directions. I went in one direction, so they chose to go the oppopsite way.

"The friendship that can cease has never been real."--St.Jerome

I see now after all this time this quote is true. I kept being optimistic about the friendship, even made attempts to repair the bridge between us, but it reaped no result. I know talking about it should help me work through the feelings. It just makes me reminisce of the good times and wish for more, which is fruitless. If friendship is a two-way street, the opposite side of my street is full of barriers put up by someone who has no intention of ever travelling there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment