Friday, January 28, 2011

Old Person Driving



Tomorrow, I am taking a defensive driver course. Of course when I told people this, they thought I must have done something wrong. No DUI's or tickets here. I just want the discount I'll get from State Farm.

Today, I called my insurance agent to verify I didn't need to RSVP. During the conversation, he mentioned they will take checks for the $14 class fee and to make the check out to AARP. AARP? What am I getting myself into?

I didn't even think to ask if the class was at their agent's office. My friend (who used to work there) called for me. The class is being held at the senior center of the small town where my agent is located. THE SENIOR CENTER.  Can this get any worse? I may need a drink tomorrow afternoon while my class counterparts are eating their early bird senior citizen dinner at 4:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment