Friday, November 12, 2010

Intimidation

Do you ever tell yourself you aren't good enough? That nothing you do will ever be right? I feel this way more than I care to admit, especially when it comes to new situations. My best friend recently described me as outgoing and that really surprised me. I never would consider myself in that way.

What does any of this stuff have to do with intimidation? I felt intimidated tonight for probably no reason at all. This was brought on by looking at a website. Yes, a website. I think most people are familiar with the show "Extreme Home Makeover". The show is coming to my town to build a home. This is something I would love to volunteer for. I was looking at the design needs list and volunteer application when I could feel the self-doubt building up in my system. I have performance anxiety over something I haven't even signed up for, the uneasy feeling telling me I wouldn't be good enough at anything to be of help. Does this sound like someone outgoing?

I have been a fan of Ty Pennington since he was on "Trading Spaces" what seemed like ages ago. Maybe before the weekend is done, I might actually get the nerve to complete a volunteer application for the show, not just stare at it. The thought of possibly being near Ty may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment